Sunday, July 29, 2007

Currently listening to:
Artist: Jehro
Album: Jehro
Track: All I Want

I was fortunate enough to have a good friend open my eyes and ears to this album. Jehro has some of the most soothing music I have ever heard. Easy listening would be an understatement.



So, I've been working at the new job for a while now. I started out in downtown Houston at our Millwork facility. I learned everything about door production from the bottom up. There was definitely a lot of hard work, blood, sweat, and tears involved but I believe that it was worth it. I left the facility with the satisfaction of a job well done after working our inventory variance down to a reasonable percentage.

Now I'm out at a lumber yard facility in Conroe. Things are a lot quieter out here but not any less challenging. I'm learning each day about how we make money and how we can improve that process. I've got my own ideas and the location manager is more than willing to give me feedback on any and all questions that I have. I'll say that I'm satisfied with my job. Satisfaction doesn't come cheap.

I've been in 2 weddings so far this summer, both of which involved great friends that are in amazing relationships. I pray that God continues to bless them as they go on together in this life. My trip out to California for the second wedding was amazing.

I took a day off of work and took a red eye flight to Orange County, CA. I was able to enjoy some amazing Pinot Noir from California and hang out with some great friends (not to mention making new ones.) I also was able to enjoy the wonderful weather of San Diego and it's skyline from across the bay. I played in the Pacific Ocean and then promptly flew back to Houston covered in sand. I never wanted to shower that sand off.

Needless to say this new career has been making me learn more about myself and all that I am capable of. In all honesty, it has made me look even deeper into my soul and search for guidance about attmepting the pastoral ministry. I still find myself conflicted, though.

My dad went to the hospital earlier this week with an irregular heart beat. It was definitely a frightening experience to come home from work and find that out. It seems as if he has a form of asthma that somehow indirectly contributes to an irregular heart pattern. Thankfully, asthma is treatable as well as his irregular heart. God has definitely blessed me with an amazing father and friend.

I leave for North Carolina on Sunday. I'll be there for a week and a half on business, having the opportunity to chat with the executives of the company and learn more about the corporate side of our business. Hopefully it will be a good time and I can gain some insight as to how much more our company has to offer.

A few weeks ago I went to see 311 play again. It was another amazing concert, especially when a friend upgraded our seats to the seated section of the Woodlands Pavilion. I've never had a favorite band before, but I think they have all of the qualifications.

I forgot to mention the trip I made to Corpus. Matt swung by Houston and picked me up for a weekend trip to Corpus. We rode a Hobie Catamaran with Patrick and spent some time at the clubs in downtown Corpus. We had a beach bonfire and many memories to bring back home. In case you can't tell, I love weekend trips!