Artist: The Microphones
Album: Mt. Eerie
Track: Universe
Showered and ready for class. Just realized I woke up way too early. The good thing is that I'm actually caught up on sleep now. Perhaps I can read without falling asleep after 3 pages!
Friday night was the TmfH retreat. It was a mediocre experience. Same as the last one except a bit more sporty. Played some basketball, guitar, fixed some PA, chilled, and ate nachos. Slept prolly around 3 hours. Took a ride in Cramer's truck back and helped unload stuff. Found out about Conor Oberst's project 'Digital Ash'. Very cool stuff there. Then we went to the basketball game.
This game was a big one. We were playing OSU. They were ranked while we were not. The fans were all very excited and new that we would have to do our part to help the team win. The air in Reed was full of energy...it was a good feeling. The student section was jumping and getting in the mind of the other team. This was done in a very vicious manner to one JamesOn Curry. He had previously been arrested in NC for dealing drugs. Before the game, insults were shouted at him and large joints were displayed. Every time he caught the ball the entire student section made a police siren noise. He was off the whole evening. Unfortunately, the Ags ran out of time. But, the game was very close towards the end. I must say, basketball at A&M is no longer something to chuckle about.
Oh yeah...we held up JamesOn's mug shot as well:

I was on Mark's radio show again yesterday. This one didn't go quite as smoothly. But, with more practice we shall improve. I love KANM's music selection.
This weekend I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do. If Swish is throwing a birthday party I will probably stay here and partake in the revelry. If not, I'll wish him a happy birthday and perhaps trek back to Houston for home-cooked food, MONEY, laundry, and some wonderful time with the rents.
I would ask you all to keep my family in your prayers. My mom is going through a second round of tests with something that is potentially cancerous. We're not really sure what to think right now. I'm quite worried. It's one of those situations where I'm a bit more worried than I might let on. But God's Will shall prevail. So, whatever happens will happen.
Anywho, this week I must read this glorious book about cultures. And then take a test on it on Thursday. I just have a ton of reading to do. It'll get done. Can't wait till the weekend!!!!!!