Currently listening to:
Artist: Ben Folds
Album: Rockin' the Suburbs
Track: Gone
Hey!
So it's Thanksgiving break, I'm here back home and it's quite relaxing. It has been great being able to come back and see all my old friends and catch up on the past and shoot the breeze. Not to mention being able to spend some quality time with my family. It's cool being able to just spend some time with us just alone...it's sad to think that our time together like this is slowly dwindling down. I mean, pretty soon us kids are going to have our own families and/or be married and we won't be able to be alone with our family in the same way. Each time we are together it is a once in a life time experience with the people that are the closest to me. The people that truly know me and truly support me. Now I'm not saying that my friends wouldn't do that...but it's just a lot different with the family. Ponder about that one for a while.
Had an accounting test Tuesday night...and thats all we're going to mention about that. Afterwards I went over to the duplex of some friends...and well...we had some fun. Pictures would be posted but I don't have the correct USB cable right now. But later they shall. mwahahha.
Oh yeah and bonfire saturday night. Wow, that was an amazing time. So the majority of the day I hadn't really planned on going because the weather was horendous. We had gone to the mall and just vegged out like any normal college student on a Saturday. But then we ended up going to off campus bonfire. I thought it was going to be muddy because of the rain...but not that muddy! Bonfire was in the middle of a huge bowl of dirt that is usually a go kart track. Obviously, this was done because it has bleachers surrounding it and nothing flammable within it. But the pouring rain caused this to be a giant bowl of mud around 3 or 4 inches deep..and as I came to find out around a foot deep in some select spots. Needless to say my white shoes were thought to be completely ruined. I ended up kicking them off and just going barefoot for the majority of the time. Not to mention taking part in mud wrestling with some 'un named' college coeds. (yeah, thats right...you know who you are) And some much deserved body slams were given out. The bonfire initially took a while to light, but it was soon blazing tall and bright. It was really neat seeing the thousands of aggies there taking part in yells and supporting the age old tradition. It felt ever so cultish...but welcome to aggie tradition, I'm just glad I'm part of it. :-) Afterwards, we went to a friends apartment and kept it real for a while. Ended up staying there and I studied most of the day Sunday.
Having this bonfire really made me think of the past bonfires that A&M has had. Most notably the one that took the lives of 12 Aggies. I must say that was quite a tragedy. But I'm not really sure of the stance that I have taken as to how I believe the school administration should go about letting bonfire come back to campus. I mean, if the bonfire hadn't fell that year, it would still be around. In all honesty, that could have been me, this year. I could have died just like the 12 in 1999. Just that thought makes me think that it is a good idea to keep it off of campus. On the other hand, Bonfire was so much more than just building a huge bonfire. It began months before the t.u. game and was very intricately planned. After speaking to old ags about the event, I have come to realize that the main purpose of bonfire was to unite the campus through team work, hard physical labor, and perserverance. I can't even begin to explain what I have heard occurred...but it is simply amazing to hear how close knit this campus of nearly 50,000 became. Bonfire brought us together and created lasting friendships. I'm just not sure that I feel that on campus anymore. Not that I would know the difference, but, I know I don't feel the extreme unity that was described.
Anyways, I hope alls well with you all out there and that the sun is shining and the birds are singing in your neck of the woods/hoods.
A New Day, A New Life
Each day I am showered in God's love.
Friday, November 26, 2004
I am a recent college graduate that is embarking upon the real world. Exemplifying God's love through my thoughts, words, and actions is my ultimate goal.
Friends
BradBrian
Dusten
Lindsay
Mike
Stef
Tiff
Links
Trinity Lutheran ChurchLCMS
Wolseley International
Stock Building Supply
Texas A&M University
Mays Business School
Aggie Athletics
Astros
woot!
Photos
Recent Posts
- Currently listening to: Artist: The Cure Album: Gr...
- Currently listening to: Artist: Jay-Zeezer Album: ...
- Currently listening to: Artist: G. Love Album: The...
- Currently listening to: Artist: The Shins Album: C...
- Currently listening to: Artist: Broken Social Scen...
- Currently listening to: Artist: Ben Harper and The...
- words are not enough.
- appelt 247...was...wrapped...there will be no merc...
- Currently listening to: Artist: Bright Eyes Album:...
- Currently listening to: Artist: The Secret Machine...
Archives
- November 2002
- December 2002
- January 2003
- February 2003
- March 2003
- April 2003
- May 2003
- June 2003
- July 2003
- August 2003
- September 2003
- October 2003
- November 2003
- December 2003
- January 2004
- February 2004
- March 2004
- April 2004
- May 2004
- June 2004
- July 2004
- August 2004
- September 2004
- October 2004
- November 2004
- December 2004
- January 2005
- February 2005
- March 2005
- April 2005
- May 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- December 2005
- January 2006
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- August 2006
- October 2006
- December 2006
- February 2007
- March 2007
- April 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007