Sunday, January 16, 2005

Currently listening to:
Artist: Wilco
Album: AM
Track: Passenger Side

Woah dude...lovin' this jam.

Friends and countrymen it has been a long time I do say. Christmas came and went quite quickly. I had a good break...it was an interesting attempt at relaxation.

The morning of Christmas Eve my family and I decided to continue helping with the donation process of the bicycles. We went down to Reliant Stadium and hopped on busses to help distribute the bikes in South Houston. As we were doing so, it began to SNOW. Simply amazing. I'd have to say that it was the first time in a long time that I actually felt the Christmas spirit. It was nice to see all of the smiling kid's faces as they got brand spankin' new bikes. The evening was spent cooking and spending quality time with the family. We opened presents that night and I got many lovely things...including a new digital camera, an Aggie Football Calendar, some clothes, a few DVDs, and a chia pet.

Christmas day we went to see my Grandma and aunts and uncles and got some more gifts including birth control, a pregnancy test, cigarette lighters, some unique sandals, a tool kit, and $30. Needless to say, I was both shocked and appreciative of the gifts.

New Year's day was spent in Waxahachie with several A&M friends as we attended the Cotton Bowl...a few pics:


the greatest football team in the world


double bouncing


a sea of glorious maroon


randomonium in the back of K-Rob's car


i have more pictures of other things...but that camera is out in my truck and it is way too cold to go out there and get it. i'll get 'em up later.

the rest of the break i basically went to bed around 2 or 3 in the morning and woke up around noon. then, i'd watch a movie and proceed to cook dinner for my parents. after spending some time with the parents i'd then go out with the likes of biff or anyone in the whole group. we had some fun at barrett's house this week. quite comical if i do say so myself.

i'm looking forward to spring break mission trip again. gonna be awesome...supposively we're going with a group from UT. also looking forward to the summer...it's gonna be nice to get away for once!

it is quite amazing that i didn't have any sort of introspective revelation over this break. usually when i have periods of time where i am able to just sit and think...some sort of idea of epic proportions pops in my head. but i have none that i can recall. so, sorry if i bore ya.