Artist: G. Love
Album: The Hustle
Track: Booty Call
Geez its been a while since I've taken the time to update this thing.
I've just not really had time to toss a post up there...prolly cuz I'm a busy man. The second accounting test is out of the way, I think I did relatively well...many prayers have been prayed about that exam grade/class. All of my other classes are going well and I feel comfortable with my grades in them.
Today is election day! What a topic...where to start? Should I even start? I really don't think I should. But I've happened to take a look around the glorious campus of Texas A&M and have realized how powerful politics really are. I see a large number of people proudly sporting $12 t-shirts with 'Ags for Bush' or 'Don't be an ass!' plastered all over them. I've also been listening to conversations pertaining to the election from a wide variety of people. I've just come to the general conclusion that the 'bandwagon' is nearly overflowing with people...either out of ignorance or through an educated decision. I just find it odd that people can proudly boast the title of 'Democrat' or 'Republican' and not really know what their selected candidate promotes. Also I just find people to be 'quick with their tongue' when it comes to slandering the opposition. I just wish that the media would stop showing us clips of our candidates speaking and just give us a nicely animated list of what each party's platform actually plans to change and/or promote. Have 'Democrat' on one side of a green line and 'Republican' on the other...and any other major parties up there as well (all divided by green lines)..and underneath each heading, bullets with yellow text defined by mutually represented political analysts (excluding Tim Russert...he gets too much credit for being credible) generalizing what their platform has actual potential to accomplish. Of course, one can say that similar data is readily available to the general public...but I honestly have yet to see it obviously stated on public access and most cable providers. From there you can make your decision. Using this outlet, you won't have to shuffle through party-biased channels and broadcasters and media moguls just to determine which direction you want your national government to head. In all honesty though, elections have and always will be based on money and appeal through the media...its not always the 'best man' that wins, sometimes the 'bestest man' wins.
Whew...election convo done.
Halloween was a blast! What a great weekend! Friday night I went party hopping with several friends and had an unbelievably awesome time.
Heres my costume:
I'd have to say that was the best halloween yet!
I haven't really been paying attention to the concert board lately. I know that Coheed will be playing in Austin sometime soon. Also Muse will be playing in Houston December 18th. I hope to attend either/both of those.
Town Hall had an LA band called 'Slow Signal Fade' come in to play a show...all I can say is 'wow'. They were quite amazing and running sound for them was cake since they were such nice people. Their bassist is actually friends with the dudes from the Old 97s...so it was righteous talking to him.
Anywho, I hope that life is grand with you all...if not grand, at least spectacularly mediocre.