Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Currently listening to:
Artist: The Shins
Album: Chutes Too Narrow
Track: Saint Simon

Obviously, I went and saw Bright Eyes in concert. Needless to say it was freakin' amazing. Folk guitarists Jim James and M. Ward opened for the talented Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes. The trio switched between lead guitar, bass guitar, and lead/backup vocals the entire evening. Oberst played crowd pleasers including 'Bowl of Oranges' and 'Waste of Paint'. Those who say that Oberst is the next Bob Dylan are not kidding. The small, two-story Paramount Theater provided a very warm and intimate atmosphere for concert goers to vocalize requests and political statements to the artists on stage. Needless to say, the folk tunes that reverberated throughout the theater have left a permanent mark on my consumption of music.

The Aggie Football team is triumphant. As of now they are 5-1...tied for first in the Big 12 with Oklahoma (ssssss). The Aggies defeated OSU at their place last Saturday. I enjoyed barbeque and comradery as we watched the game at Katie and Dana's. Yet another warm atmosphere for such a grand event. We're playing Colorado for our first home game in 2 weeks. The 12th Man will stand strong.

Academically, I'm fairing well. I made it through my first round of tests in a reasonable fashion. I'm now going through my second round of tests...I pray all goes well!

Also, the Town Hall tradition of Old vs. New is this Friday...I'm quite excited to experience this age old atrocity/event.

The possibility of moving into the penthouse next year increases with each day that passes...alas I look forward to it.