Friday, December 13, 2002

In my heart a troubling sensation has been plaguing me for quite some time now. I have realized the true longevity of my situation and am cowering in a defiant shadow of fear and doubt. I am approaching a time that can determine me and create my potential. Next week is finals week, a week dreaded by most students as a time of little social interaction and laborious study. I just wish this week were over, I can’t stand having to study so much for so long. Some might consider me lazy, others believe me to be complaining, yet I am only stating the truth. I am mentally and physically unprepared to maintain this studious schedule. I need stress to be diminished, for it is the root of this fear and the reason for my internal pain. As I begin to anticipate this dreaded term of solitude, I will give you my tentative schedule:

Monday:
Sociology- Exempt
English 4 AP- I need a 90% on the final to get an ‘A’ in the class.

Tuesday:
Senior Scripture- I need a 64% on the final to get an ‘A’ in the class.
Pre-Cal Pre-AP- I need a 54% on the final to get a ‘B’ in the class.

Wednesday:
Study Hall- No Final
Spanish 4 AP- Audio Recorded Final is due Monday (12-16-02)- No in-class final

Thursday:
Economics- I need a 52% on the final to get a ‘B’ in the class.
Physics- I need a 64% on the final to get a ‘B’ in the class.

As you can see, I am taking a total of five (5) finals, one (1) on Monday (English 4 AP), two (2) on Tuesday (Senior Scripture and Pre-Cal Pre-AP), none (0) on Wednesday, and two (2) on Thursday (Economics and Physics). Generally, I don’t have to do that good on most of my finals, yet I still have to study for them to eliminate any chance of not attaining the minimum percentage required. I feel confident yet swamped in stress while I am also mentally drained. All I ask for is your prayer and encouragement.

This poem was written by me in my freshman year of high school:

The Week the Finals Came
I hate studying for these things
They give my eyes some big rings
My brain is crammed with temporary stuff
All of it is just a lot of fluff
Other schools had them last week
When I hear that I can’t even speak
Sometimes you get tired and need to relax
But you can’t because your head is full of so many facts.

Monday through Thursday eight to noon
No time to even listen to a tune
The next day’s finals are going to fry your brain
This whole week is just a big drain
You come from a spout and it never lets you out.
Sometimes you get tired and need to relax
But you can’t because your head is full of so many facts.

Sometimes you want to sit back and get what you get
But your GPA will really take a hit
You wish you could fly to Thursday after the test
That feeling has got to be the best
You can enjoy your time away from school
And not have to sleep on a book, in drool
Sometimes you get tired and need to relax
But you can’t because your head is full of so many facts.

Well, that was poetry from a while back...I think I've improved somewhat. Hopefully I'll post another old school poem later, I just dug up an old binder full of stuff.