Thursday, December 05, 2002

Contending for the Life
I hear this voice beckoning me
Calling me to the side
Constantly joyous amongst sorrow
Alive in my heart
Giving me peace
Knowing what I do
And why I do it

I curse this being
Slander it
Refuse it and forget it
Push it away while I know
I am ahead of it
I don’t need it
I know all I know

It comes back
Smiles and nods
Comforts my sorrows
Gives me the opportunity
And I kill it
I hate it and deny it
Save it for later

It comes forth again
Persistently wanting me
It has me
I don’t have it
Beckoning for my life
I give it a chance
And hate it

It comes back for more
I am tired of denial
I give out and give in
Living a spiritual Zen
Knowing what I’ve missed
Wishing for eternity
easily, It is mine

This poem was written by me, Adam.