Saturday, December 07, 2002

Wordage of my sister, Lindsay:

So here's an update on my life. Today was a wonderful day. I was rehired for a position with Group Workcamps! Not sure where I'm headed yet, but how cool is that! I also got a job in the Accounting department here at A&M, tutoring basic accounting classes. So two pay checks in one day, what a bonus. But yet one thing still eats at me. See I got in a fight with my parents. Probably my first ever true fight. They aren't allowing me to go on a Spring Break Can-Do College Trip to Saltillo Mexico. Well, not exactly not allowing; they're making me choose between camp and mission trip, both of which are very much a part of me. They accused me of not helping enough with my grandparents, of wanting to run away, and worst of all, of doing too much "church stuff". IT'S NOT "CHURCH STUFF". It's no longer about going because this person's going, or being motivated to go to meet new American students. IT'S ABOUT MINISTRY. I truly care about others. IS THAT TOO HARD TO BELIEVE? At camp, my passion is ministering to high school students. On mission trip, it's about giving the gospel to children. So I'm down. This semester's been hard, really hard. I came down off a very high mountain top faith experience this summer. I watched young adults give their lives to Christ for the first time. I cried with people who were in abusive situations. I prayed with youth leaders who didn't know how to reach their students. But most importantly, me and God were as close as ever. Why does that feel so squelched at home? I'm not sure. If you have an answer, email me. But one thing I've taken comfort in is "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever!" Hebrews 13:8. So even if my relationship isn't the same with Him as it was then, He's still the same. I can have that same mountain top experience, even where I feel it's impossible. So as I sit at home this Spring Break, craving spiritual rejuvenation, I will get it because it's what I will strive for every day from here on out. And if you see me, remind me of it. I'm a sinner, I forget what's important sometimes. Oh and my email is lak04@tamu.edu Remember to feel compelled....

"For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again." - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15

:Ending sister verbage

Anywho, I'm tired and I don't have much homework...priorities priorities priorities. SLEEP. Well, things are still looking up as I am vigilantly studying and bringing my grades up dramatically. I've been doing good on tests left and right...if only I studied this much all year, grades wouldn't be an issue. But we all need mental breaks. Hence, this blog. Well, I must go SLEEP.

"Do illiterate people receive the full benefit of alphabet soup?"-Biff

Oh yeah! I forgot to say some very important news! John, a friend, recently received a major offer for his football skills. No, it wasn't from the best football school in the world (A&M) It was from UT, which is a good school and a has a pretty freakin' good football program. So kudos to 'Tonka Tuff Two buh Fourin' Action Series John' for his valiant efforts on the field of play. Hope we get see him out on the field on TV.