Sunday, December 01, 2002

Well, Glorybound was way rad. I learned a lot about God and stuff, also about how many people are actually Lutheran. The first night, Friday, we had an 'ok' worship service and then a pretty fun dance afterwards...I had fun cuttin' a major rug (skankin' like nuts) with my pals and acting crazy and getting freak danced by some unknown girl (somewhat weird experience). The next day was filled with fun and adventure and retainment of biblical knowledge and moshing to a band known as modern day john. We also skanked to Mark Schultz. Not quite skankable, but made it fun. Bryan can scream really loud, giving out screams of death and carnage during a contemporary, light-hearted concert of praise.

After a very sad song sung by Mark Schultz, a unique individual broke the emotional silence by yelling 'Oscar Meyer Wiener', quite the random fellow, I couldn't stop laughing, but realized the rudeness of his remark. The one major thing that was interesting about this youth conference was a unique lad known commonly as the Jesus Painter. This man could paint vivid pictures of Jesus, in 10-20 minutes, captivating the audience by not making the focal point of his picture obvious until the last second. He is a very talented man and has an awesome ministry.

Anyways, we got to bed around 3 that night due to a snoring youth leader, but thats 'ok'. We then had a lively worship service, pizza at the hotel, and a 30 minute drive home. As a whole, the conference was fun. Go to youthministryexplosion.com to learn more about Lutheran youth. Well, I'm tired from all of these activities, maybe I'll sleep for a while and then wake up for the unfortunate and deathly doom of SCHOOL.