Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Well, today was a day of opportunity and divine inspiration. Perhaps it was my final day of laborious leisure amongst this plethora of anguish and torment. I started the day with a difficult drive through the cold and rain to school. Arriving around 7:30, I realized I missed a Spanish Club meeting at 7:15...oh well. Sociology was a unique experience, giving me an issue to finally discuss in this realm of pointless debate.

Issue: Birth Control distribution, should it be given out in colleges and high schools?

Opinion:
Personally, I have looked at this argument from many angles. I understand the viewpoints of those that are entirely against it and have taken their opinions into complete consideration. Unfortunately for them, I have decided that I will promote the distribution of these items, because of the basic inhibitions of humanity.
Since the dawn of time, man and woman have been taking part of the age old practice of procreation. This act is an inevitable fallacy of human kind, it is our nature to have sexual intercourse, as opposed to refraining from it. We as humans have trouble resisting this act and have reason to try to prevent the possible mishaps of premarital sex. In our day and age, teenage pregnancies are becoming widespread in the hallways of our educational systems. The adults of our generation have wondered about the ambitions of our generation, pondering about our morality and the efficiency of sex education. Unfortunately, the only way to prevent pregnancy is to provide a method to control it. Hence the concept of birth control. Teenagers and college students are going to partake in sexual relations regardless of what education or warning is given to them. That is why we must promote protection, as opposed to attempting to halt that which is unstoppable.
Some people believe that distributing birth control in our schools is promoting the concept of having sex. Well, these teenagers will have sex without using birth control or with using birth control. It is up to them to decide how they will go about their ways, but the authority can at least promote safety.
For these reasons, birth control distribution is acceptable in our educational facilities. It promotes sexual safety and physical morality, while reducing the possibility of having fatherless, motherless, or unwanted babies.
------------------------------------------------------
After sociology, I had a Scripture, which was good because I aced a test and got a lot of homework done during our allotted class time. Study hall enabled me to finish all my homework except for studying for my English test tomorrow. Economics was filled with busy work but checking our stocks was fun. Anyway, it was a boring day of task completion. Must go study more. Perhaps another poem will be posted later.