Friday, June 20, 2003

Interviewing My Society
Why is this side of me always revealed upon denial?
I feel as if I am secluded from society and am alone
I put myself on the stand and wait to finish the popularity trial
My own actions and thought I feel I can not condone.

I search for progression, for a chance of contradicting humility
But all I find is an appointment that I regret to overlook
My efforts, numerous and incalculable, ending in futility
Mine own opportunities, my own chances, my faith, I took.

But I will strive on in the cycle of rejection
Focused and unknowing of how long it will take
To make of myself a proper selection
I’ll continue in this cycle for society’s sake

Ontology aside and reality up for auction
I should face the truth and subdue disbelief
Communication, reactions, an unnecessary concoction
For my life, for the world, for our Savior’s relief.

What should I do after it is all done?
Should I return to normality and become dormant?
Or should I embrace my differences instead of run?
Will all of this stop this labyrinth of torment?

Only one direction to conclude the answer
To ratify, to compromise, to finalize my fate
To remove my mind of this regretful cancer
To exclude my sin and simplify my hate.