Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Today was yet another uneventful day in the life of me, your unenthusiastic author of sarcastic melee. However, today I learned a valuable lesson that all public speakers should learn, one of extreme importance and an essential fundamental of their profession:

Our school had a chapel today, which, are typically 'lame', but also have some sort of miniscule amount of spiritual significance behind the monotonous mask of boredom. The speaker is a very nice person, he is a youth minister of a friend and sends forth a very uplifting message about Christianity. I just do not understand how he expected to keep the audience of 350+ high school students awake and understanding his message. When a speaker talks, alone on the stage, without visual aides or hand gestures, I do not understand how they can expect to keep the attention of any audience (let alone high schoolers). If I were to speak, I would at least include a video clip, a powerpoint presentation, having an outline for the crowd, or even a poster board of ideas. I am not saying this to offend the speaker this morning, I am not criticizing his method or message, I am only suggesting a possible alternative that would generally keep the attention of the audience. I do not mean to slander or ridicule anyone, I am only typing my opinion (hence, this blog).

My truck is acting weird, it is actually working quite well right now. I recently splurged and put in 'Plus' gasoline, just to see if it would make a difference; and it did. My truck runs smoother, accelerates easier, and heats down and cools down faster as well. I am amazed. I drive a chevy truck, they're really nice. Although it is a tad old, worn out, and dented, it does the job. But, for your entertainment, heres a list of things that were/are wrong with it:
1. Extremely skewed rear bumper
2. Dented tailgate.
3. Rusted bars on sides of bed.
4. Leaking windshield.
5. Slow defogging.
6. Malfunctioning 'back up' lights.
7. 117,000 miles of wear on the engine.
8. Sludge on the master cylinder.
9. CD Player will not 'take in' CDs.
10. Blown rear/front speakers.

Thats about it, I'm sure some of you have a longer list, but I needed to write this out for my own use. As stated earlier, the truck still runs good, so I'm happy as a little baby owl.

Here is a song I recently heard, 'tis fun and educational...its by the aquabats,

Idiot Box
Now now now
I'm just a boy
I watch too much TV
Nobody knows, nobody knows
Casper the Ghost is so friendly
Nobody knows, nobody knows
Sitting in my living room
With nothing else to do
I think I'm going blind
Just like Mr. Magoo
I know every single ending
Of every Scooby Doo
Now

(Chorus)
Turn off the idiot box
It's a disease just like the Chicken Pox
Turn off the idiot box
Now

Find yourself a partner
Turn on the television
And let it control your mind

Friends, Romans, countrymen,
I've got something to say
Nobody knows, nobody knows
Get up off the couch
Get up go out and play
Nobody knows, Nobody knows
(Chorus)

Children I want to warn 'ya
'Cuz I've been to California
Where Mickey Mouse is a demon

Turn it off If you are able
Nobody knows, nobody knows
Take a pair of scissors
And cut off that cable
Nobody knows, Nobody knows
(Chorus)