Thursday, November 14, 2002

Today was another day in the life of me, your writer and speaker. I awoke to a sick stomach at 2:00 AM, only to dash to the toilet in my pajamas to regurgitate something that did not agree with my stomach. I then proceeded to brush my teeth and return to bed, hoping to gain more sleep, a hope of impossibility. I remained on my bed until 6:30, when my alarm went off. I quickly got ready for school, and then I stopped getting ready, and went to school. My day was quite uneventful up until the last period of the day, Physics. We took a difficult quiz and did an easy lab, then we had time to work on our homework. A long story short, my teacher (JLS) began to get frustrated with one young man in the class (TB). JLS asked TB questions pertaining to his attitude, receiving no response. TB was promptly sent to the office for two charges of subordination and contempt. Another victory won for the school administration.

Today in Physics, when we had time to work on our homework, I began to notice something strange about myself. With fifteen minutes left in class, other students decided to stop working and chat with their neighbor. Soon, I was the only student doing homework in this alotted time. All of the other students were talking, right after the legal action was taken against TB. I noticed that I was simply annoyed by the idea that all of these students were talking loudly. I just don't understand the need to talk loud, I tend to keep quiet and know when to be 'goofy'. I feel that during classroom hours, a moderate tone of voice, if any, is acceptable, especially if the teacher is frustrated. I also believe I have a sort of 'sixth sense' for feeling the pain of others, but, I do know that I have overlooked the emotions of others many times, I believe can generally anticipate what they are thinking. (Sidenote: I know what you're thinking MC.) I hope I'm not the only one that does that, but, I sometimes feel awkward because I tell other students to 'sshh'. I do this to hopelessly try to add order to the room, but my voice goes unheard, respectedly so. I realize I am not the teacher and I realize that I have probably spoken loud in class before, but after a general observance of what happens in my classes, I feel that students need to show more respect to their teachers by staying quiet. Knowing when to talk and when not to talk is a priceless virtue that should be more commonly instilled in the students of our era, go ahead, tell me I'm wrong.

Well, tonight I will venture towards Radio Music Theater, to bring some comedy into my life. I need this before I approach the long, cold, studious, unforgiving winter of finals. During the next few weeks, blogging might be limited, or it might be increased because I want to avoid studying.

I hope that you understand me more, don't worry, most people don't.