Saturday, November 16, 2002

"So what's the deal with dentists? I'm at the dentist the other day, and as I'm settling into my chair when the dentist starts to make conversation with me. Thats all fine and good, but only when there are no metal objects poking and proding at my teeth and tongue. Am I the only one who has sat helplessly while a dentist fills your mouth with flouride and tries to have a conversation with you at the same time? This woman who was doing me the favor of cleaning my teeth was trying to make the time go by, asking me questions that I'm am physically unable to answer. Do they actually expect a response? When they say, "what school do you go to?", do they expect a clear response or do they want you to drool on yourself? What is society coming to when people are forced to sit in a chair and gurgle answers to personal questions. What if I don't want them to know what school I go to? It is in the name of my fifth amendment right that I plead with dentists to cease asking questions and start cleaning teeth in silence. Just another thought from the man who loses a penny for his thoughts."

-This is a public service announcement brought to you by J. Riemer.

Yay! -Adam