Sunday, November 17, 2002

I have started my day of homework and thankfully ended it. I awoke this morning to my alarm clock, set for 6:30, only to turn it off and return to the age-old practice of slumber. I actually awoke around 9:00 this morning, my parents finally let me sleep in. Believe it or not, they usually wake me up on normal Saturday mornings (today is considered a Saturday since we didn't go to church) at 7:30 in the morning! I finally got tired of this (no pun intended) and actually said something, thinking it would create a commotion, I said it with all sincerity and in the lightest manner possible. To my surprise, they were not upset and realized I needed more sleep because of my teenage years. The result: waking up at 9:00 on a weekend. That was nice. Even though I was lying awake in my bed for about an hour, it felt good just to sit there without worrying about waking up soon. I believe we all need to have an experience like that every once in a while, a time without stress, a time to simply let your mind sleep, and think of nothing, whilst remaining alive.

At around noon today, my father and I went up to church to attend a meeting pertaining to a trip my youth group is making. We are participating in Glorybound, a Christian gathering of youth over Thanksgiving break. We are going to be staying in a very nice hotel and just hanging out in the convention center, having fun in the name of Jesus. Its gonna be rad, they'll have indoor basketball, pool tables, volleyball, rock walls, live concerts, guest speakers, and free stuff! Its going to be fun socializing with friends while enjoying my break. What a way to be thankful...on Thanksgiving!

Well, I must do chores...then go to CREW. Yay!