After analyzing the roles of individuals in society I have come to a simple conclusion, summarized in one quote:
“Only fight those battles that you know you can win.” –Adam
I believe that if we all take this quote into account, we can efficiently avoid wasting our time with unnecessary arguments. If you look through human history, many disputes have occurred because of individuals or organizations that are unable to effectively view their predicament from a different perspective. We should look at our instances from different points of view, to realize the advantages and disadvantages of fighting for a cause. Simply put, if the odds aren’t in your favor, do yourself a favor and refrain from arguing. I have finally been able to realize those arguments that I know I can win, for instance my Scripture class. In years past, when someone would state something that is completely contradicting and immoral, I would take the time to try to show them their fault. Now, I realize that I don’t have to 'save the world', let them learn from their mistakes ‘the hard way’, at the same time saving my time, energy, and mental satisfaction. Without a doubt, many causes are worth fighting for that might have seemed unattainable, but those arguments were efficiently managed so that they would succeed. What seems to be the problem with humanity is that we ‘spin our tires’ in our arguments, repeating ourselves and being close minded. In an argument, a winning strategy is to put yourself in the other person’s shoes, to anticipate their next step. If you can see their battle plan, you will be a step ahead of them. I am not a master of tactical debate, but I am simply commenting on the general inability of people to argue effectively to create an effect. After all, why argue if it doesn’t cause an effect?
Heres a poem for your enjoyment:
Congregational Ballad
Fervent emotions of tidings true
Reversal of the morning dew
Transcribing a method of thought
Changing a reason of something taught
A methodical approach to the diabolical foe
A witness, a murder, a trial for show
Beliefs of biased minds
Forgetting the tie that binds
Scarlet red the blood does flow
The passion and desire of what to know
The silence of still
Lacking patience and will
This poem was authored by me, Adam.
A New Day, A New Life
Each day I am showered in God's love.
Friday, November 22, 2002
I am a recent college graduate that is embarking upon the real world. Exemplifying God's love through my thoughts, words, and actions is my ultimate goal.
Friends
BradBrian
Dusten
Lindsay
Mike
Stef
Tiff
Links
Trinity Lutheran ChurchLCMS
Wolseley International
Stock Building Supply
Texas A&M University
Mays Business School
Aggie Athletics
Astros
woot!
Photos
Recent Posts
- Heres a poem: Mental Adjunction A corollary to t...
- Today was yet another uneventful day in the life o...
- Well, I have done some massive changes to the site...
- WEEBL AND BOB RULE! Weebl and Bob is just a feel-...
- An interesting poem: Historical Ballad Investigat...
- This just in from L. Kelly, my sister: "Lemons. I...
- Puff the Magic Dragon Throughout the history of ...
- I have started my day of homework and thankfully e...
- So, today was a very fun day! Yay! I awoke aroun...
- "So what's the deal with dentists? I'm at the den...
Archives
- November 2002
- December 2002
- January 2003
- February 2003
- March 2003
- April 2003
- May 2003
- June 2003
- July 2003
- August 2003
- September 2003
- October 2003
- November 2003
- December 2003
- January 2004
- February 2004
- March 2004
- April 2004
- May 2004
- June 2004
- July 2004
- August 2004
- September 2004
- October 2004
- November 2004
- December 2004
- January 2005
- February 2005
- March 2005
- April 2005
- May 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- December 2005
- January 2006
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- August 2006
- October 2006
- December 2006
- February 2007
- March 2007
- April 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007