Sunday, December 04, 2005

Currently listening to:
Artist: Slow Coming Day
Album: Farewell to the Familiar
Track: Captivated

about a month ago i was driving and randomly had this inspiration. so, i pulled over and decided to write. i've written so much...over this summer and this semester. it's amazing. but i thought this one was pretty cool for some reason. and i felt i should share it.

This Is When You Breathe
Last night I drove home with the radio off.
I let the hum of the engine break the silence of the thoughts in my head.
It felt so magical to feel alive.

I love to listen to the split-second silence before and after applause,
when no one knows if they should approve.
I know it keeps me on my toes.

The same night I had a dream without color or sound.
It was full of pictures of my fears.
That morning it took more courage to wake up.