So yeah, college is still going on. But things are different my friend, much different. I have decided that despite everything that has happened to me this year/last semester, I am going to make the best of this great experience that is set before me. 'How are you going to do this?' you might ask yourself. Well, I have basically joined some more groups on campus and those that I am already involved with, I am going to become more involved and possibly take a leadership role in them. At this point, I have put in an application to join a group called 'Town Hall'. This group basically decides what musical artists come to campus and play on our stages. I think the chances of me getting in this organization are pretty high. The people seemed to be the live-music-orieneted-off-of-the-main-stage kind of people like myself. So I'm looking forward to that. Not to mention the potential backstage passes. w00t! I'm also joining a fraternity known as Phi Beta Lambda. Its a business fraternity...pretty tight people involved, lot of social events and some visitation with CEOs of major corporations. So, I'm looking forward to meeting more people through that. I'm also more involved with my current bible study 'A-Team' (Alpha Team....yet another idea of Swisher). Looking to get some group stuff together like movies and eating out and stuff. Yet another group I'm involved with is Doulos....a bible study put on by Grace Bible Church. Its pretty tight...I might go on a retreat or something with them, but very cool and very scripturally knowledge-filled people involved with that. Not to mention I've been going to parties and shows and just meeting random people that I hang out with randomly in random places. Also getting to know the dudes in my dorm and the ladies of 'south side'. w00t. I'm looking forward to basketball and baseball. The Aggies are gonna own. I must say, I'm so glad that I go to this University. I mean, other schools aren't very selective of who they let in, A&M and TU are freakin' picky. You gotta be smart to get in. Idiots are hard to come across. Some schools just let anyone in because they need the tuition, knowing they will fail out. I know that A&M does this to some extent...but at least they eliminate those they KNOW will fail. Because theres a lot of them. Regardless of what some may think by saying 'Aggies are stupid.'...A&M is a lot harder than you think. So yeah, kudos to the Aggies and my new life. If you get the chance...toss up a prayer for my family and I. My grandma died last Thursday....and its just been the last straw for pretty much every member of my family....we've been through a lot these past few months (as stated earlier). But I know God has a plan for me. He is going to make something out of ALL of my hardships, I think he is trying to show me that I am a capable person and can overcome ANYTHING and come out on top. I think hes also trying to give me a chance to clear my head of any baggage that I am still carrying. I can't wait for this uphill battle to give me a break though. God, give me strength and patience, give me a strong heart and a clear mind....its all I need and my faith will take me anywhere and everywhere I want to go.
p.s. Thanks to all you people who came out to the funeral and/or sent flowers/meals to my family. Thanks for being there for my family! God bless you all!
A New Day, A New Life
Each day I am showered in God's love.
Wednesday, February 04, 2004
I am a recent college graduate that is embarking upon the real world. Exemplifying God's love through my thoughts, words, and actions is my ultimate goal.
Friends
BradBrian
Dusten
Lindsay
Mike
Stef
Tiff
Links
Trinity Lutheran ChurchLCMS
Wolseley International
Stock Building Supply
Texas A&M University
Mays Business School
Aggie Athletics
Astros
woot!
Photos
Recent Posts
- 'Phoenix' by Ace Troubleshooter So this is who I b...
- A Masterpiece of Mediation I am a mural on your wa...
- A general overview of my classes: History of Rock...
- So yeah I'm back in College Station now. Christma...
- Plethora Subdivisions of tolerance, a world gone t...
- Formula of Dissonance I can imagine sleeping at ni...
- Solitary Refinement In a room cluttered with voice...
- Swimming Towards Prophecy The waters of submission...
- Unrestrained A frenzy of despondency for laments C...
- Forging Progression In waiting for solidarity Rela...
Archives
- November 2002
- December 2002
- January 2003
- February 2003
- March 2003
- April 2003
- May 2003
- June 2003
- July 2003
- August 2003
- September 2003
- October 2003
- November 2003
- December 2003
- January 2004
- February 2004
- March 2004
- April 2004
- May 2004
- June 2004
- July 2004
- August 2004
- September 2004
- October 2004
- November 2004
- December 2004
- January 2005
- February 2005
- March 2005
- April 2005
- May 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- December 2005
- January 2006
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- August 2006
- October 2006
- December 2006
- February 2007
- March 2007
- April 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007